From UB Air Pollution Data Wiki
Materials from Dr. Anne Riederer's Lifecycle Assessment (LCA) Workshop (07/28/11-07/29/11)
- Intro to LCA.ppt (~10 Mb) - Gives a brief overview of LCA, general procedure, examples, common models, introduction to TRACI, and suggested further reading.
- Navajo Coal Stove LCA.ppt (~16 Mb) - Goes over a case study of Navajo cookstoves LCA.
- Presentation by Mr. Batsaikhan, Vice Director of Air Quality agency of the Capital City (~9Mb, in Mongolian) explaining the plan for more efficient stove usage in UB this winter.
General LCA Info
- LCA 101 (pdf)
- LCA Principles and Practice (pdf)
- Guidelines for social life cycle assessment of products - UNEP
TRACI Model Info
- Online description here
- TRACI 2.0.xsl (~2 Mb) - TRACI model here. This may be updated soon, so check the site at the online description above for possible updates.
- TRACI 2.0 user manual (pdf)
AP 42 Info
- AP-42 is a compilation of Air Pollutant Emission Factors, published by the EPA
- Please click here to access the latest AP-42 edition AND previous editions (which may, in fact, be more useful for emission factors similar to traditional Mongolian stoves)
Additional References (all pdfs)
- Estimating the environmental burdens of residential energy supply systems through material input and emission factors, Building and Environment, 2008
- Evaluating Uncertainty in Environmental Life-Cycle Assessment. A Case Study Comparing Two Insulation Options for a Dutch One-Family Dwelling, Environ. Sci. Technology, 2003 (Supporting Information)
- Life cycle inventory for cooking, Energy Policy, 1997
- Energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions related to use, maintenance, and disposal of a residential structure, Wood and Fiber Science, 2005